Could you provide a week’s worth (or a month) of shelter to a woman and her children? Just click the Donate button below, and you can use a credit or debit card. No PayPal account needed. Plus, there are tax benefits!
For women and children escaping domestic violence and abuse, the message sent by the YWCA Shelter is simple but so powerful: Hope starts here. Action starts here. Healing starts here. This is a message many are desperate to hear. Our Shelter is almost always full; we typically provide shelter to 45 women and children each day.
In the 36 years since our Shelter doors opened, the message that hope starts here has been told across hundreds of unique and individual situations. Every story is different, yet every story has one thing in common: The Shelter and services provided by the YWCA mean a new beginning is unfolding.
“This time was different. I made a decision, and I decided I had to make a change in my life. I am so happy of where I am today.” – Former Shelter resident
“The team at the Shelter provides you with the resources you need to get your life together and back on track. They are very helpful in many ways.” – Mother of two
“Yay! I completed big goals! Life changing! This is a great place to start over.” – Mother of three; recent Shelter resident
“They helped by keeping me safe. So wonderful to have this shelter. The staff here offers great help and understanding.” – Recent Shelter resident
Turning Fear and Hopelessness into Freedom:
Since 1981, we’ve been a safe place in times of crisis. From counseling and advocacy for sexual assault, to a 24/7 hotline and 24/7 shelter service, we turn tragedy and suffering into victory. We’re also working to prevent domestic violence by offering outreach, trainings and presentations on healthy relationships, including how to identify or respond in situations of abuse.
Today, we ask you to consider joining us again in this critical mission.
How does your donation make an immediate difference?
– A donation of $35 keeps a woman and her children safe for one night.
– A gift of $100 can offer professional advocacy and counseling services so a woman can see that she has options and a plan for a new start.
– A gift of $500 means a woman and her children have shelter and safety for two weeks while they decide their next steps.
– A gift of $1,000 would allow a family a full month of shelter so that they can truly rebuild their lives.
Every donation opens a new door to hope for a woman and her children who depend on the YWCA – and every donation of $100 or more receives a 50% Missouri State tax credit. This means that 50% of your donation is deducted directly from your Missouri taxes owed, even if you don’t itemize deductions.
We invite you to join us with your support. With your help, the YWCA Shelter will continue to be the place where hope starts – and where a new journey unfolds, free of fear and abuse.
How the 50% tax credit helps you as an individual filer:
|Federal Tax Savings||$28||$140||$280||$1,400|
|MO State Tax Savings||$6||$30||$60||$300|
|50% MO State Tax Credit||$50||$250||$500||$2,500|
|Net Out of Pocket Cost||$16||$80||$160||$800|
Based on Federal 28% and State 6% tax brackets.
Directions for Donations:
1) First, thank you so much for your donation! On behalf of our team, volunteers and the families we serve, we sincerely appreciate your support of our mission.
2) Please select the Donate button below and follow the steps as if you were making a PayPal purchase. (You can use your debit or credit card and you don’t need a PayPal account).
3) You will receive a receipt from PayPal, which you can then use according to the tax notes above.
4) Please contact us if you have any questions at 816-232-4481.